I was considering what to write about today and was kind of stuck. So how to get unstuck? I wandered into my kitchen and over to my tea stash. Yes, I have quite a stash, as I never know exactly what I’ll feel like drinking and wouldn’t want to be out of options ...wink, wink.
Looking at the sea of green bags and canisters, I contemplated my options. I opened a few bags and smelled their lovely contents, but none hit me just right until I opened my canister of Jasmine Pearls. Oh, the divine aroma of Jasmine. Not overpowering, just an amazing jasmine smell that had my taste buds saying, “Yes!”
If you’ve never enjoyed a cup of Jasmine Pearls, you definitely want to treat yourself to one. Jasmine flowers are picked at their aromatic peak to scent the tea leaves. Then the tender whole leaves are rolled into balls by hand. Yes, this is a very labor-intensive process, but the results can’t be beaten. Use six to seven balls per cup for a divinely fragrant and simply outstanding cup of tea!
Jasmine tea can have two different types of bases. The most common base is green tea. But it can also be made with a white tea base. And I’m happy to say I carry it both ways. Combined, I have 5 different types of Jasmine tea, and they’re all delicious.
Did you also know Jasmine tea has many health benefits besides its exquisite taste? Here are a few reasons to drink Jasmine tea.
- Jasmine tea is high in polyphenols that act as antioxidants in your body. It also contains the powerful polyphenol EGCG, linked to many health benefits like reduced heart disease risk.
- Studies show that drinking jasmine green tea may help your body use insulin more effectively and reduce blood sugar levels. This may help lower your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Jasmine tea polyphenols may help protect against heart disease by preventing LDL (bad) cholesterol from oxidizing and potentially clogging your arteries. It may also reduce your risk of stroke.
- Jasmine tea, made from green tea, may aid weight loss by boosting your metabolism.
- Jasmine tea may help neutralize plaque-forming bacteria on your teeth and combat bad breath.
- Jasmine tea contains the amino acid L-theanine and a small amount of caffeine which may help keep you more alert and improve your short-term memory.
As an additional note, I also enjoy Jasmine tea over ice. As the weather starts warming up, consider trying it this way too.