Wow, it’s almost here. Just another couple of days and Christmas will be upon us. It seems time just flies by in the blink of an eye.
I wanted to take this time to say how thankful I am for all of you who’ve embraced me, my family, and the Uptown Tea Shop. I enjoy all the decorated trees, holiday lights, and festivities, but these connections are what the season is all about. I’m truly blessed for everyone who’s in my life!
We will close for the holiday at the end of business on Thursday, December 23rd, and reopen on Tuesday, December 28th. I’m looking forward to spending a few days with my family and catching up on some well-earned sleep.
I wanted to leave you with a great Christmas quote but just couldn’t decide which one I liked best, so here are a few of my favorites.
- “Oh, Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind.” — Valentine Davies, Miracle on 34th Street.
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” — Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol.
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” — Edna Ferber.
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” — Bob Hope.
- “Christmas doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more.” — Dr. Seuss, The Grinch.
- “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” — Peg Bracken.
- “Peace on Earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.” — Helen Steiner Rice.
- “I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.” — Norman Vincent Peale.
Have a wonderful holiday!!!