Happy New Year!
It’s almost time to ring in 2022 and celebrate the start of a New Year. I thought it would be appropriate to brew a cup of Creme Brulee, one of my favorite Black Teas, look back on 2021, and reflect on just some of the good things that have happened.
- First and foremost, I want to thank you for all the support, good wishes, and shopping small with us during 2021. Y’all never cease to amaze me, and we couldn’t have done it without you!
- One of the biggest accomplishments was the remodeling of our storefront shop. It’s now bright and cheery and reflects more of who we are.
- I had a really fun time doing a TV interview for WBTV and QC in the morning on the right way to brew a cup of tea.
- Molly stepped up to handle my Facebook and Instagram posting. She mastered making our House Chai and was my right hand this summer.
- Brought in 4 new teas: Jazzy Peach White Tea, Lovely Lavender Ceylon, Caramel Toffee Puerh, Organic Tulsi Cranberry Orange Ginger, to add to our already great assortment.
- Introduced Tea Tasting Classes. People got to sample Black, Oolong, Green, White, Rooibos, and Herbal teas during our 2-hour classes. Look for more tea tasting classes in 2022.
- The Uptown Tea Shop was featured in Our State Magazine twice. Once for my House Blended Chai and once for my Sweet Tea Floats.
- I added 16 Gift Sets both in the store and on the website.
- Phoebe, the Tea Shop dog, had her first puppies. The most liked photos on our Instagram feed were posts and pictures of Phoebe’s puppies and her little sister Teagan. Teagan turns one year old on New Year’s Eve and occasionally visits the store.
- Updated our logo with a more modern feel.
- Continued to make website updates to improve your shopping experience.
- Brought in new and modern design teapots and accessories.
- Added handmade, custom ceramic mugs with our town name of Waxhaw on them.
The list could’ve gone on and on, but these were a few things that really stood out for me.
I’m excited to see where 2022 takes us. It’s not the destination but the journey, and I’m so happy to be sharing it with all of you!