I thought I would talk a little about one of my favorite green teas - Pomegranate Blueberry Green Tea with Goji Berries. I enjoy this tea year-round, either hot or cold.
Most people are familiar with blueberries and pomegranates, but many of you may not have heard of Goji berries. If you’re not familiar with them, Goji berries are a small, sour berry considered a super-berry fruit. If you pair Goji berries up with blueberries and pomegranates, you get a one, two, three punch of great flavor. Add green tea to the mix, and you’ve got yourself a powerhouse tea with an abundance of health benefits.
We all know how good green tea is for us, but I wanted to touch on a few of the highlights of the berries that get to join this green tea base.
First up are blueberries and some of their benefits:
- May be protective. Blueberries contain one of the highest antioxidant levels amongst commonly consumed fruit and vegetables.
- May help prevent heart disease.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- May help maintain eye health.
- May alleviate gastrointestinal issues and UTIs.
Next are pomegranates and some of their benefits include:
- Pomegranates have an antioxidant activity three times higher than red wine and green tea, so it would be fair to expect beneficial anti-inflammatory properties.
- May reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May improve bone health.
- May improve athletic performance.
- May improve memory.
And last but not least, here are some benefits Goji berries can offer:
- May protect the eyes.
- May provide immune system support.
- May protect against cancer.
- May promote healthy skin.
- May stabilize blood sugar.
- May improve depression, anxiety, and sleep.
So as we look to the New Year for making healthy lifestyle changes, I can honestly say adding this tea to your repertoire would be a good choice.
Served either hot or over ice lets this tea do double duty, making it truly enjoyable any time of year.